I can’t believe it’s September already! August has flown by, and thanks everyone who has supported me in my first month of blogging!
For those of you who don’t know, Monthly Recap is a feature I’m starting that I will do every month. It highlights my experience in reading, blogging, and life that month.
3 Things That Happened In My Life This Month:
- I started school. Well, duh. Anyway, I really like it so far, and it’s a lot different from Elementary school! I already have a ton of homework, even though it’s only the second week of school. Ugh.
- I reached my goal of reading 10,000 pages this summer! I read 32 books and a total of 10,285 pages.
- I started my blog! Okay, I’m just going to state the obvious: I completed my first month of blogging! It has been so much fun, and I can’t wait to continue. Hugs to everyone who supported and read my blog posts. Thanks so much guys! 🙂
My Favorite Books This Month:
I read 14 books this month! I gave out a lot of high ratings, which I think is because I’m getting better about picking out reads. I’m extremely picky when it comes to picking out new books.
My top 4 were:
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
I loved this book so, so, so much! It’s so adorable! I loved every aspect of it, and I definitely recommend it.
2. Just One Day by Gayle Forman
This is one of the best books I’ve read in a long time! It was so inspiring and moving for me.
3. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
This book was so awesome! The world-building was incredible, and it’s crazy that Sarah J. Maas created a world so rich and complex. I now understand why I’m, like, the last person on earth to ever to read this book.
4. Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick
This book was set over a 24-hour period, and it describes the moments leading up to when Leonard planned to kill his former best friend and then himself. I really enjoyed it and recommend it.
Worst rating I gave to a book this month? Ugh. Definitely Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. I hated everything about it! If I could give this book zero stars I would. I was so disappointed, because there was so much hype surrounding it. I don’t mean to offend, Katie McGarry fans!
Favorite Cover? Either Life Unaware or Falling Into Place. They’re both so pretty!
My Favorite Quotes This Month:
“Stars, too, were time travelers. How many of those ancient points of light were the last echoes of suns now dead? How many had been born but their light not yet come this far? If all the suns but ours collapsed tonight, how many lifetimes would it take us to realize we were alone? I had always known the sky was full of mysteries—but not until now had I realized how full of them the earth was.” -Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children, Ransom Riggs
“You could rattle the stars,” she whispered. “You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.” -Throne of Glass, Sarah J. Maas
“She wished to be happy, and fell asleep with an entire sky above her.” -Falling Into Place, Amy Zhang
“She finally figure out that she, Liz Emerson, was the equal and opposite reaction. She was the consequence.” -Falling Into Place, Amy Zhang
So…what did you think of my first Monthly Recap? I’ll be adding more to it next month, obviously, like my most popular posts, my personal favorite posts, etc. How was your summer? Did you read any good books that I should know about? Let me know in the comments!