Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic: Characters I Just Didn’t Click With.
- Miles from Made You Up- While I loved this story as a whole, I didn’t really like Miles, nor did I like the romance in the plot. I loved Alex, but Miles seemed really dull in my perspective.
- Lola from Lola and the Boy Next Door- I loved all the other characters in the series, but I didn’t “click” with Lola. I disliked her queer personality, and I got really frustrated with her stubbornness in staying with her older boyfriend when she and Cricket were OBVIOUSLY SOUL MATES!
- Echo from Pushing the Limits- Ugh. I hated all the characters in this book, especially the two main characters! She just seemed so bland in the book, as if the only “good” thing about her was her attractiveness.
- Noah from Pushing the Limits- Yep, by now you’ve probably understood my distaste for this book. He had such a boring personality! Plus I think both Echo’s and Noah’s traumatic backgrounds were a little too traumatic to be realistic.
- Edward Cullen from Twilight– I’ve read lots of other lists today that include Edward, and I couldn’t agree with them more. I don’t think much more needs to be said about this because the majority of you probably understand my distaste for him.
- Belly from The Summer I Turned Pretty– While I adored Lara Jean in Jenny Han’s other series, I didn’t like Belly at all. She was too naive and boring for my taste.
- Liz from Falling Into Place– If you’ve read my review for Falling Into Place, you already know that I dislike Liz. She did so many terrible things, and instead of trying to fix them, she “solves” her problems by running her car off the road. I didn’t sympathize or feel bad for her at any time during the book.
- Jason from The Heroes of Olympus– Jason just seemed so bland and boring. I can’t seem to pinpoint any other reason for disliking him, but he didn’t seem to have a very interesting personality. Sorry, Jason fans!
- Maxon from The Selection- I only read the first two books in this series, but I knew enough to know that I was definitely Team Aspen. I like my characters interesting and flawed, and Maxon just seemed a little too perfect for my taste.
- Peeta from The Hunger Games– I know this is a very unpopular opinion, but don’t hate! I have been Team Gale from the beginning, and I never really liked Peeta. He just seemed so needy and un-manly (yes, that is a word in my mind). Sorry, Team Peeta!
I know I might have said some harsh things to your favorite characters, but please don’t hate me! What characters did you not click with? Do we have any in common? Let me know below!