Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic: Top 10 quotes in books I’ve read in the past year or so.
- “So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” -The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky
- “The earth is speaking to us, but we can’t hear because of all the racket our senses are making. Sometimes we need to erase them, erase our senses. Then – maybe – the earth will touch us. The universe will speak. The stars will whisper.” -Stargirl, Jerry Spinelli
- “You are all the colors in one, at full brightness.” -All the Bright Places, Jennifer Niven
- “I bet you could sometimes find all the mysteries of the universe in someone’s hand.” -Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Benjamin Alire Saenz
- “Brave isn’t something you are. It’s something you do.” -The Last Time We Say Goodbye, Cynthia Hand
- “And then I opened my eyes and it was just Grace and me – nothing anywhere but Grace and me – she pressing her lips together as though she were keeping my kiss inside her, and me, holding this moment that was as fragile as a bird in my hands.” -Shiver, Maggie Stiefvater
- “You do not write your life with words…You write it with actions. What you think is not important. It is only important what you do.” -A Monster Calls, Patrick Ness
- “I win.” -Dangerous Girls, Abigail Haas
- “I wish my shadow would get up and walk beside me.” -The Sky Is Everywhere, Jandy Nelson
- “Part of me knows one more day won’t do anything except postpone the heartbreak. But another part of me believes differently. We are born in one day. We die in one day. We can change in one day. And we can fall in love in one day. Anything can happen in just one day.” -Just One Day, Gayle Forman
What do you think about these quotes? What quotes would you add to this list? Have you done this week’s TTT yet? If so, give me a link to your post, and I would love to check it out! 🙂