Hi guys! I was feeling like a discussion-y/list type post today, so I decided to create a list of some of the struggles only bookworms will understand. I hope you find this post somewhat amusing. 🙂
Alrighty, let’s get to the listing!
- Crying over a book in public. Or happy-dancing. Or ecstatic laughing. Or any display of extreme emotion, honestly.
2. When you tell your friends that you’re looking forward to going “shopping” that afternoon, and they respond by saying, “Oooh! Can we join you?” Only to have you tell them that by shopping, you meant a 3-hour trip to Barnes & Noble. Alone. #awkward
3. The constant struggles of bookshelf organization. Should you color-coordinate or alphabetize? Group by series or by release date? The possibilities are endless.
4. Seeing someone reading a book in public and trying to get a glimpse of the title while trying to act as non-stalkerish as possible. Because having a stranger leaning over your shoulder and watching your every move is totally not creepy.
5. Attempting to walk by a bookstore without purchasing a minimum of 3 books. Haha, not gonna happen.
6. That annoyed feeling you get when all your friends want to go out and watch a movie but you can’t because you haven’t read the book yet. #sorrynotsorry
7. Finding a comfortable reading position is a never-ending struggle.
8. That moment when someone wants to borrow your flawless hardcover signed edition of one of your favorite books. It’s not that you don’t want them to read it, it’s just….have you ever heard of the library? ‘Cause that’s how you can dog-ear pages and spill gatorade on the pages without getting your head ripped off by me.
9. When you’re OBVIOUSLY extremely engrossed in your current read…..and then someone rudely interrupts you.
10. The struggle of trying to walk and read at the same time. Trust me, guys, it’s harder than it looks. This kind of stuff takes some serious skill.
11. People thinking you’re an obsessive weirdo because you refuse to leave the house without a novel. Or five. First-world problems, guys. 😉
12. People expecting you to carry on with your life after finishing a really good book. It’s like loosing a best friend! Sure, you might see each other again, but it won’t ever be quite the same.