Welcome, fellow bookworms! I’m Paige. I’m 13 years old, and as you can probably see from the title, I love reading and writing! The majority of books I read fall into the Young Adult genre, but I also do read some Adult as well.
There are a few things – bookish and otherwise – that you should know about me, which include the following:
- Although you will find me talking about other books occasionally, the vast majority of books I read fall into one category: YA contemporary/coming of age. If you’re not a fan of this genre, I understand if you don’t immediately hit that “follow” button.
- My passion for books started at a very young age: when I was in Kindergarten and started reading the Magic Treehouse series. I was OBSESSED.
- In my free time (besides reading), you will almost always find me in or on the water. I have a passion for open water swimming and intend to pursue a career in this in the future, and I’m an active member on the swim team. I also love sailing, paddleboarding, and kayaking.
- I’m a member of an organization known as NCL, or “National Charity League.” This means that I do a lot of volunteering in my community, which I absolutely love!
- My Myer-Briggs personality type is INFJ, which means I’m extremely introverted, idealistic, and passionate about everything I do. Take the test here.
- One of the reasons I love reading so much is because books allow me to be able to see the world through so many different perspectives. Reading makes me feel like I can relate more to other humans and gives me an amazing sense of community with my fellow bookworms.
The best books, they don’t talk about things you never thought about before. They talk about things you’d always thought about, but that you didn’t think anyone else had thought about. You read them, and suddenly you’re a little bit less alone in the world. You’re part of this cosmic community of people who’ve thought about this thing, whatever it happens to be.
-Tommy Wallach, We All Looked Up
Page By Paige is a book blog devoted to reviews, discussions, and all other kinds of bookish fun. I created this blog in effort to share my thoughts on reading and writing with the world, among other things. If you would like to stick around, I’d love to talk books with you!
Some of my favorite books include:
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Things We Know By Heart by Jessi Kirby
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira