Woohoo! It’s the first week in September, and so many amazing books are coming out this month! Actually, a bajillion books have already come out, but I still have to finish reading my Vroman’s book haul!
I haven’t been reading all that much this week, with my homework load going up a notch and, well….life. I did, however, finish Throne of Glass on Sunday and just finished Aubrey, Wait! by Robin Benway.
Oh, and sorry in advance for all the CAPSLOCK and !!!! that will go into this post.
Aubrey, Wait! by Robin Benway- Oh my gosh I loved this book! It took me a while to get into, but once I did, I was hooked! It was hilarious and sarcastic and witty and even a little emotional at a few parts, so basically everything you want in a good book. I now want to be best friends with Audrey, Victoria, and Jonah. Ooh, and I want to marry James! Definite addition to my book boyfriends list. I mean, come on. Sweet? Check. Nerdy? Check. Funny? Check. ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE IN EVERY WAY??? Double check. Solid 4.5 stars from me.
Everybody’s singing, “Audrey, Wait!”
Audrey Cuttler’s life hasn’t been the same since that song, “Audrey, Wait!” hit the airwaves. All she wants to do is go to concerts, hang out with her friends, and maybe score a date with the cute boy who works with her at the Scooper Dooper.
But now, her ex-boyfriend’s song about their breakup is at the top of the charts and she’s suddenly famous! The paparazzi won’t leave her alone, the tabloids are trying to make her into some kind of rock goddess, and the Internet is documenting her every move!
Will Audrey ever be able to have a normal life again? Get ready to find out, because it’s time for Audrey to tell her side of the story.
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas- THIS BOOK WAS BEAUTIFUL. Seriously, I need the next book in my hands RIGHT NOW. I now understand why everyone gushes about this book so much, and why I’m, like, THE LAST PERSON TO READ THIS SERIES ON THE PLANET.
What I liked about this book:
- Amazing heroine who’s been through SO MUCH and is still an awesome person. She’s also an assassin. Which is, like, awesome. Oh, and did I mention she’s a bookworm? ❤ 🙂
- Some really amazing supporting characters and friendships.
- Romance! I rarely read books without romance, but it can happen occasionally. This book wasn’t very heavy on the romance, but the love interests were awesome!
- Great writing style. It took me a while to get used to it, with all the weird, hard-to-pronounce names and stuff, but I ended up loving it. And it’s so quotable!
- AMAZINGLY FABULOUS EPIC WORLDBUILDING. Crazy how someone could come up with a world so deep and complex.
So, yeah. Even if you’re normally wary about fantasy (I was too), just give it a try. You won’t regret it.
In a land without magic, where the king rules with an iron hand, an assassin is summoned to the castle. She comes not to kill the king, but to win her freedom. If she defeats twenty-three killers, thieves, and warriors in a competition, she is released from prison to serve as the king’s champion. Her name is Celaena Sardothien.
The Crown Prince will provoke her. The Captain of the Guard will protect her. But something evil dwells in the castle of glass–and it’s there to kill. When her competitors start dying one by one, Celaena’s fight for freedom becomes a fight for survival, and a desperate quest to root out the evil before it destroys her world.
My posts this week:
- Upcoming Releases: September 2015
- Monthly Recap: August 2015
- TTT: Top 10 Characters I Just Didn’t Click With
- Review: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
- Trailer Release: The 5th Wave
Around the blogosphere:
- Melanie @ YA Midnight Reads turned 16!
- Anette @ Anette Reads shares some of her favorite quotes from YA literature.
- Cait @ Paperfury discussed unique formatting in books.
- Emily @ Loony Literate shared some 2016 releases she’s excited about.
- Aimee @ The Social Potato discussed time management and posting on time.
I hope you guys had a great week! Have you read Throne of Glass or Aubrey, Wait! yet? What are your thoughts on them? Hope you enjoyed!